Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Folder Structure Connection String Config File Example

Hi,

I have the attached (fs.PNG) Folder structure in my environment, if I wanted to create a QVW Document in the folder "03_QVDGenerators" that would then populate QVD files in the folder "02_QVD", would this work if I created a config file in the folder "05_ConfigFiles" which would store connections? Or would i need to put the connection config file in the folder "03_QVDGenerators"

Not sure how to do this?

Could anyone help me

Thanks

3 Replies
eespiritu
Creator
Creator

Hi Ivan,

You can keep the config file in the "05_ConfigFiles" folder, you just need call it from your QVW file. To use config files, my advice is use QVS files.

//Calling connection file

$(Include=..\05_ConfigFiles\config.qvs);

Regards,

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, could you have a look at this then.

I have the attached config file QVconfig.txt which is saved in the folder 05_ConfigFiles, I then have the QVD generator S1-DWH-SALES-EXTRACT saved in the folder 03_QVDGenerators.

What I want is for the QVD's to be saved in the folder 02_QVD but at the moment it is being saved in the folder it is currently saved in

03_QVDGenerators

Any ideas?

Thanks

eespiritu
Creator
Creator

Hi,

When you call the "Store" statement, you can define the path where you want the QVDs to be saved.

Your qvd generator file is in 03_QVDGenerators folder, so you need go back 1 folder position and then enter in 02_QVD, so, you need apply something like this: (Use relative paths)

STORE YourTable INTO [..\02_QVD\NameOfYourQVD.qvd];

Regards,