Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
The #1 reason QlikView customers adopt Qlik Sense is a desire for a modern BI experience. Read More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Forcing selection in listbox according to item selection in other listbox with macro

I'm guessing you are using V9? The double quote syntax -- which is only there only to handle the values with spaces -- doesn't seem to work in V9, but it does in V10. You can take out the " and it will work in V9, but only for values without spaces. There may be a form that works for V9, don't know off the top of my head.

-Rob

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Forcing selection in listbox according to item selection in other listbox with macro

Yup - on 9. Now works. Thanks for the tip.

Stephen

Highlighted
Creator
Creator

Forcing selection in listbox according to item selection in other listbox with macro

Hi Rob,

I have implemented the action and it works 100% for my senario. In my case these two listboxes needs to have the same items filtered all the time. For instance my two listboxes contains products from two different tables - but products are the same. If i select one or more product in one listbox it will select the same product in other listbox.

But also now if i select a rep that is linked to the one product listbox - rep is linked to only certain products the same products will be selected in the other product listbox.

So what i did was just to implement your suggestion in the document event triggers(OnAnySelect) instead of the field event triggers because my listboxes must always have the same values filtered.

Thank so much for your help.

Regards

Louw

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hello, I implemented your script and it works great, but it doesn't work if I try to extend the selection to another listbox. I put your code on a field event trigger on select, then i tried to add a second trigger to control the selection of another field. The first trigger works the second doesn't. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to force selection on more than one listbox?

Thanks in advance.

Nicola