Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prieper
Master II
Master II

Formatting on continuous Axis

Hi,

am sure, it is pretty easy, but my mind is somehow blocked. Given a standard barchart with some dates as continuous x-axis:

• How can I achieve to show the date-labels in regular intervals, e.g. each 7 day?
  • How can I achieve to show only a certain day of the week to be displayed, e.g. each Monday?
  • Using as x-axis the WEEKNAME()-function, how to display it as e.g. 2009/01, 2009/02 or the like, but not as number (may change in setting for numbers) neither as date?

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

To show every seven days, set your static step to 7.

To show only Monday dates, I'd have THOUGHT that setting your static min to min(MyDate)-weekday(min(MyDate)) in addition to the above would have worked, but it appears to do nothing. So I'm not sure how to do this.

I also can't think of a way to format with week numbers on a continuous axis, as a continuous axis means you're just dealing with numbers, and the week number simply isn't available as a formatting code.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

To show every seven days, set your static step to 7.

To show only Monday dates, I'd have THOUGHT that setting your static min to min(MyDate)-weekday(min(MyDate)) in addition to the above would have worked, but it appears to do nothing. So I'm not sure how to do this.

I also can't think of a way to format with week numbers on a continuous axis, as a continuous axis means you're just dealing with numbers, and the week number simply isn't available as a formatting code.

prieper
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks John,
static step is clear, but I had tried to put the static 7 on the y-axisSuper Angry
The Minimum is a bit strange. Your solution also works - the x-axis starts at the calculated date, but the labelling does not start on the first value - there seem to be an internal logic overruling this.
Edit: As workaround for the Weeknumber one may use REPLACE(WEEKNAME(MyDate), '/', '.'), thus faking a numerical value, which then is displayed.

Peter