Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fractile grouping

I am trying to create a chart using fractiles. I have a dataset that includes APPT_ID, DURATON_MINUTES, APPT_DATE, and MONTH and YEAR from the date. I want to calculate the top 25%, middle 50%, and bottom 25% and then give the averages of each. From previous discussions, I believe I have the basis for what I need - my issue now is that I want each row to be calculated based on a group - not on the total. So the data needs to be grouped by Month and Year, ranked by Duration, and then sorted into its particular fractile and an average calculated for it. I have tried different combinations of aggr and TOTAL - but I seem to be missing something.

I've attached what I have so far - but as you can see when you select a specific month - the averages and the counts change from when all of the data is presented.

2 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What version of QV are you using. With v11 I think you can use Dimension Limits to group them (I think!)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We are using v11 SR1 - but I am not sure that Dimension Limits allows me to show all groups - once its grouped.

It appears to set limits on what is displayed on the report (either first n, values that are relative to the total, or relative accumulations)