cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

From Relational To QlikView

Hello i need some important rules (circulal references etc..) to use generally to import a relational database to a non relational Database like QlikView.

Thanks

Marco

16 Replies
marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Bu isn't this snowflakes?

Immagine.png

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

No because the main fact table has a direct link to all the outlying tables, it looks like a snowflake only because of the way the table viewer displays the connectors in the image, your is the same as:

HTH - Andy

maxgro
MVP
MVP

dimension tables seem only connected to fact table --> star schema

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Is it correct for you the following generalization?

The Fact Table must Have a Key for each dimension table.

Marco

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Another question if in relational model i have two tables A and B with multeplicity 1..N, in OLAP how can be mapped with star schema with A table as Fact Table?

Generally using join (to add the dimension table key in the fact table) i have, for each row of a dimension table (which is the table with multeplicity N) a row in the fact table, so i ask if the model could be consistent or less.

Thanks

Marco

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Marco,

If you have two tables only I don't see a reason to build a star-schem model. Moreover for QV it's better to join the two tables into one table due to performans reasons. Maybe I just don't understand your purpose in detail.

Best regards,

Maxim

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I don't have only two tables, so i decided to start with a star schema, but if it doesn't work properly due to replicated data in the fact table i need to try with a different method.

So i ask you how to model the relation between two tables, with molteplicity 1..N ?

Thanks

Marco