Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Full Accumulation of multiple Dimmensions

Hi everybody, I just got my feet wet with QlikView, working for @adumd in Ecolab.

Please in work told me to fix an accumulated expression in a chart which I still can't make heads or tails from it.

We currently have StartWeekCount table feeding up the chart which is loaded through the following statement:

StartWeekCount:

LOAD

RowNo() as WSRow,

AutoNumber(Upper(Ltrim(Rtrim(AssignmentGroup)))&Date(WeekStart, 'MM/DD/YYYY')) as WSKey,

Upper(Ltrim(Rtrim(AssignmentGroup)))&Date(WeekStart, 'MM/DD/YYYY') as WSCadena,

AssignmentGroup,

Date(WeekStart,'MM/DD/YYYY') as WSText,

OpenedIncidents,

ClosedIncidents,

TotalOpenedIncidents;

SQL SELECT distinct

WeekStart,

AssignmentGroup,

OpenedIncidents,

ClosedIncidents,

SUM(OpenedIncidents - ClosedIncidents) OVER (PARTITION BY AssignmentGroup ORDER BY WeekStart ROWS BETWEEN UNBOUNDED PRECEDING AND CURRENT ROW) AS TotalOpenedIncidents

FROM ServiceNow_HDM.dbo.WeekGroupIncidents;

We need the chart to tell us how many tickets were opened vs how many tickets were closed, accumulatively in a sort of backlog:

image.png

The first two expressions are easy, they are set simply to the sum of OpenedIncidents and ClosedIncidents respectively. The third expression, the Backlog, should be the difference between past OpenedIncidents and ClosedIncidents summed up through the entire table until the current row.

The third expression that they told me to fix is a bit troubling because the requirement tell us to accumulate rows even though they are not included in the current selection.

We cannot use the Full Accumulation checkbox because it only brings visible rows. Also we have tried using aggr and rangesum functions combined with set analysis expressions without success.

Please how we can achieve this? could anybody provide the formula for Backlog...

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

There might be different solutions possible, maybe including a solution with advanced aggregation and set analysis.

But maybe have a look at the AsOf-Table concept;

The As-Of Table

Which should provide means of full accumulation back in time as required.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I use AsOf tables in quite a few places. I prefer data model solutions over expression solutions where possible. But my users seem to have trouble understanding the difference between As Of Month and Month. Just something to be aware of. Try to make it as clear as possible what's going on.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks @swuehl I'll give it a try, and thanks @JohnW for the caveat!

Not applicable
Author

Hi @swuehl thanks for your quick response, please is there any way to take advantage of the OVER (PARTITION BY AssignmentGroup ORDER BY WeekStart ROWS BETWEEN UNBOUNDED PRECEDING AND CURRENT ROW) to make the aggregation?

Can we use the FirstSortedValue expression? does it accrue a convenient solution?

Thanks!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Oh, yes, you probably can use the generated TotalOpenedIncidents in your chart.

What if you add as third expression:

=Sum(TotalOpenedIncidents)

(sum over the AssignmentGroup partitions)

Note that the script generated values are static, so won't consider your current selection, e.g. limit of week range.

edit:

And by the way and totally off-topic:

Great to have you back in the forum, John!

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Thanks, swuehl‌, it's great to be back!