Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Future of QlikView...

QlikSense, QlikSense, QlikSense...

New in QlikSense, etc...

As I understand it, QlikTech developers love QlikSense more, everything new for QlikSense, all the best for QlikSense. Go to QlikSense ...

I’ll say about our company, we are not fundamentally satisfied with the concept of QlikSense. Only centralization and standard reports, no freedom for the user. We have too much data and we know too well what and how we should count. We are against users reporting, they must use it, not create it!

But is this fair? Everything is new only for QlikSense, QlikView is not developing at all, nothing new, everything old! It hurts to look at it !!! And the money you require!
For what?

Can anyone explain what is happening? QlikTech spat on QlikView clients?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ian_wilson
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView is still extremely popular and still very much supported!  Any defects and security issues and such will be fixed.  However, further augmentation and enhancement will be very limited.  It is true that we are focusing efforts on Qlik Sense.  We know this product will be more expandable and better able to handle the future of the analytics world.

We know that many customers still like the "guided analytics" mode of QlikView.  Qlik Sense can do this as well if you tighten up on security and permissions.

Please reach out to your account manager (or engage in a live chat on our main website) so that we can help you with optimizing Qlik Sense for your company's ways of working.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
devan9876
Creator
Creator

I think they said in one of their blog postings that the development trajectory for Qlikview is going to be horizontal rather than vertical which I interpreted as saying that rather than adding new vizualization or features to Qlikview,  most of the changes going foward will be in the form of bug fixes, security enhancements, and optimizations.

As you pointed out, this can be seen from the last couple of releases. The main highlight from the last update was that they switched to a new graphics library but they didn't add any new charts, functions, or capabilities so at the end of the day there isn't anything new a developer can do in the latest release of Qlikview that they couldn't do in the previous one.

In regards to why this is the case my -guess- is that they want to avoid splitting their resources developing two products that essentially do the same thing and instead merge into one product that has the best of both worlds. They are probably trying to focus their efforts on improving Qliksense to bridge the gaps as quickly as possible so that it can do everything Qlikview can do plus more.

ian_wilson
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView is still extremely popular and still very much supported!  Any defects and security issues and such will be fixed.  However, further augmentation and enhancement will be very limited.  It is true that we are focusing efforts on Qlik Sense.  We know this product will be more expandable and better able to handle the future of the analytics world.

We know that many customers still like the "guided analytics" mode of QlikView.  Qlik Sense can do this as well if you tighten up on security and permissions.

Please reach out to your account manager (or engage in a live chat on our main website) so that we can help you with optimizing Qlik Sense for your company's ways of working.