Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lylererger
Creator II
Creator II

GUI | Advanced Navigation Menu

Hi Community!

My case associated with the correct organization of navigation menu using standart objects.

There is 2 levels of hierarchy (1 - Level / 2 - Product).

_1.png

I've build it, based on objects "Text Box", using triggers / actions / condions and so on...

For processing the events of the first level in the navigation hierarchy meets the variable "vCB_LEVEL_01", for event handling second level "vNAV_PRODUCTS_01".

At different levels "Level" attributes, "Product" overlap:

_2.png

and some not:

_3.png

Task - is to organize 2 scenarious of sortring level of the "Product":

Scenario 1 - If value "products" _6.PNGselected then through the choice attribute "Product" at all levels "Level",

_4.png

Scenario 2 - If value "products"_7.PNG doesn't selected then display always the first "Product", the choice of different levels "Level ".

_5.png

The choice of selection sort is performed by selecting the value of the "Data Island".

The first option is implemented, second one - is not .

I will appreciate any fresh views / implementation.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: Demo app in attachment.

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear for me what do you want to do. It looked a bit like a "classical" html-navigation which expands by hoovering over the items whereby this couldn't be reached with the inbuilt qlikview-features but maybe with an extension it could be implemented.

Beside this if I had a similar task I would probably try to do it with chart-tables (the layout could be adjusted quite similar to the textboxes) which are filled through one or several (loosen) inline-tables and could then query the selections there within my other objects.

I'm not sure if you could get everything like you want with this method but I believe it will have more benefits than the textbox-trigger-variable approach.

- Marcus

lylererger
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Marcus, thanks for for considerations and advice.