Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Gantt chart

Hello,

I'm currently working on a prototype app which includes a Gantt Chart. I had a few ideas which converge with the following article :

Recipe for a Gantt chart

This lead me to the following, with four dates and three durations

Gantt chart.png

I was wondering about :

- the possibility to display another text on hover?

Gantt chart 3.png

=> the difference between date 2 and date 1 is a number of days, but on display it is converted to date format.

- the possibility to display the DT1 value before the bar? Or to write M1 inside the blue bar, M2 inside the brown bar, M3 inside the gray bar.

Here is a demo app. Only colors are different.

Thank you!

10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Because, You are considering and written as Date format in Number tab? Change it to number rather Date format

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
avinashelite

n the number tab you have made the expressions has date hence its showing it in the date format ...make it expression default and make you expression result according to your required format

Hope this helps you

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Anil. Indeed I had tried to set expressions (DT1 to DT2, DT2 to DT3 ) as "number" instead of "date"' but then the axis becomes a number too...

In your example, it looks like you "cheated" by making DT1 to DT2 a "date" with format DD, but then the displayed number is not the number of days between DT1 and DT2, it's the DD part of "DT1 to DT2" converted to date.

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

"DT2 to DT3" and "DT3 to DT4" are good though

Anil_Babu_Samineni

My bad, I've changes to only Number from number tab. If remaining two working then you must change the first one to number only.

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Does your axis still show the dates? Mine doesn't if I set the 3 expressions to Number in number tab.

Sans titre.png

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Avinash, however if I set the first three expressions as "expression default" or "number", then the axis becomes a number too, which is worse! (please refer to my answer to Anil) Unless you know a way to keep both a number in the bar and a date in the axis?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Will you explain, Where you are getting the Years(X-Axis) ???

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

The years that are shown in the axis in the first app I've shared are just due to the values of "DT1 to DT2" bar offset + the three expressions, and to the values of Milestone_DT1, Milestone_DT2, Milestone_DT3,Milestone_DT4.

They are date values, but because of the range/precision/zoom of the graph, it automatically shows the Year. With different Load inline values (narrower range), you would get DD/MM/YYYY in the axis (Try load inline with only PRJ0 that is commented in the script).