Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Gauge Chart Presentation Indicator-Mode "No Indicator"

Perhaps a studid question, but still one that keeps me from sleeping
Anyone has any idea what the point is of this option?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tijli, I'd use a no indicator guage to depict something like below....how much % of the total is achieved/attained/ reached. If you change the Angle Span to 360, you'll get a donut (dough nut) shape to depict 100% else the below shape also works...and of course, other options like the Cylinder thickness etc are there as well to enhance the guage style. In such cases, I don't really need an indicator. The no-indicator option actually allows for very cool guages.....if you have case for it.

No Indicator Guage.GIF.gif

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

No Indicator means no Indicator or Needle

Example 1 with Indicator

2013-10-17_2316_001.png

Example 2 with No Indicator

2013-10-17_2316.png

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the fast reply, Alan!

But I know what it does, I just can't really see the point of this option.. Why would you want to make a Gauge Chart without a needle? it's like a Bar Chart without Bars, no?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

I see your point, however some may want to show it like this without the needle

I don't know why they would but hey!

2013-10-17_2328.png

I think you should mark this as correct anyway!!!!!!! Ha!

manas_bn
Creator
Creator

May be some people use the value itself as the MAX value in the gauge. In Alan's example, may be 18.37% will be the max value instead of 50%? And the max value changes dynamically..?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tijli, I'd use a no indicator guage to depict something like below....how much % of the total is achieved/attained/ reached. If you change the Angle Span to 360, you'll get a donut (dough nut) shape to depict 100% else the below shape also works...and of course, other options like the Cylinder thickness etc are there as well to enhance the guage style. In such cases, I don't really need an indicator. The no-indicator option actually allows for very cool guages.....if you have case for it.

No Indicator Guage.GIF.gif