Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

General Script Error/ Out of Memory on LEFT JOIN with IntervalMatch

My script stops execution at the very end. The data load is quite large. When subsets of the data are used, the data loads fine. These are the last few lines of code:

Range:
LOAD *, if(RangeEnd-RangeStart<=31, 1, if(RangeEnd-RangeStart<=93, 3, date(RangeEnd,'M'))) as avgDiv,
if(substringcount(Range, 'Jan-Mar') >0, replace(Range,'Jan-Mar ','Q1 '),
if(substringcount(Range, 'Apr-Jun') >0, replace(Range,'Apr-Jun ','Q2 '),
if(substringcount(Range, 'Jul-Sep') >0, replace(Range,'Jul-Sep ','Q3 '),
if(substringcount(Range, 'Oct-Dec') >0, replace(Range,'Oct-Dec ','Q4 '),Range)))) as Range1
RESIDENT Ranges;

DROP TABLE Ranges;

Drop Field Range ;

Rename field Range1 to Range ;

LEFT JOIN (Range) IntervalMatch (feeddate) LOAD RangeStart, RangeEnd RESIDENT Range;

DROP FIELDS RangeStart, RangeEnd;

Is there a way to rewrite this without using JOIN and/or Interval Match?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

instead of

LEFT JOIN (Range) IntervalMatch (feeddate) LOAD RangeStart, RangeEnd RESIDENT Range;

use this:

LEFT JOIN (Range)
LOAD RangeStart + interno() - 1 as feeddate
RESIDENT Range
while RangeStart + interno() - 1<= RangeEnd;

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't see anything specifically wrong with it, but it can depend on the fields that you aren't showing us.

For instance, let's say your ranges are specific to a FeedType. And the same table with feeddate also has FeedType. Then you would need to include FeedType in your intervalmatch, or you'd get more data than you intended.

Other than something like that, I can't imagine why the intervalmatch and left join would cause problems. Yes, it's going to duplicate every field in your Range table for every feeddate, but compression should make than a near non-issue. You could always TRY leaving off the left join and just doing the intervalmatch, which would prevent this duplication. I doubt it would help, though.

My only real suggestion has nothing to do with your problem, which is to handle your quarters like this. Same results, I just think it's a little cleaner, but that's just a personal preference thing.

Quarters:
MAPPING LOAD * INLINE [
Months, Quarter
Jan-Mar, Q1
Apr-Jun, Q2
Jul-Sep, Q3
Oct-Dec, Q4
];

mapsubstring('Quarters',Range) as Range1