Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagarpawar
Contributor III
Contributor III

General Script Error

HI,

In existing application we were fetching data from 3 files and now we have to replace these files with 12 files.

Existing files are LEFT JOINED with other tables and we just replaced these 3 files with new 12 files.

but when we try to reload the data its showing error(attachment).

Can someone help me out with solution.

Note: We tried with KEEP but its same.

Thanks,

Sagar

SGP
7 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I don't think anyone is going to be able to help you with your code if you don't post the code, or at least a detailed error message.

sagarpawar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

PFA: Code of 2 sheets.

Note :  For existing code I have mentioned as existing code in note.

It will very useful if I get solution ASAP.

Thanks,

Sg

SGP
Or
MVP
MVP

That's a lot of code. Which part, specifically, is causing the error? If you aren't sure, enter debug mode and run the code by steps to see which one is problematic.

sagarpawar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI,

PFA: Screenshots of log file.

I think its because of more number of LEFT JOIN's but I'm not able to find out alternate solution on the same as I'm new in Qlik.

If there is any alternate logic for the same then it will very helpful for me.

Thanks,

Sg 

SGP
Or
MVP
MVP

I don't see anything obviously wrong with the code itself, and the fact that some months run fine and then eventually it sticks suggests that this may be a memory issue.

What I'd suggest you try first is enter debug mode, set it to limited-load 100 lines, and see if that runs correctly. If it does, check to see if the joins are handled correctly in the table viewer.

I'm not entirely sure why the code is written as it is, but intuitively, I don't understand why you are doing a separate load with separate fields for each month. I would suggest first loading all of the files into one temporary table with the format month - currency - rate, and then join the result table into the sales table (which means you only have to do one join and not 12).

sagarpawar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

What I'd suggest you try first is enter debug mode, set it to limited-load 100 lines, and see if that runs correctly. If it does, check to see if the joins are handled correctly in the table viewer.

Sagar: Its running fine when we limit the load.

I'm not entirely sure why the code is written as it is, but intuitively, I don't understand why you are doing a separate load with separate fields for each month. I would suggest first loading all of the files into one temporary table with the format month - currency - rate, and then join the result table into the sales table (which means you only have to do one join and not 12).

Sagar: AS we have separate rate of currency for every month and we have to compare the rate of one currency to selected currency by month. That's why we are loading data separately.

If there is another way to load data where I can get rate by month then it will be helpful for me.(If u can send me sample code it will be better).

Thanks,

Sg

SGP
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I may be way off base here, but this seemed a bit like a slowly changing dimension issue, and Henric Cronstrom did a Design Blog post on this that I thought might be of some use potentially.  Apologies if it is not, but I figured it was worth a shot given you are still stuck.  Feel free to search around on the Design Blog, there may be some other posts that could help too.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Slowly-Changing-Dimensions/ba-p/1464187

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.