Does anyone know where to find all the possible causes of the "General Script error", especially when it's trying to store to a qvd? I have been having this issue pop up every now and then and it happened again today. I have 13 sequencially scheduled jobs (qvws) that have been running perfectly for over a month. All they do is pull new records from the source, append/concatenate the data from previous qvd for only the records that don't exist in memory, then save the data back to the qvd file. Today one of those jobs failed, when it is trying to store the file. I ran that same job with the client and it ran fine. I know I don't have any memory issues or file size issues, because I went back to my schedule and manually started the job following the failed job. Eight of the following jobs ran fine and then another job failed with the same error. One of the jobs that ran successfully created a 3GB QVD with no problems. I have seen a lot of comments on this issue and it always seems that the issue is with the server. Any help would be appreciated...This is the last part of the script that is in all my qvws that create the qvd files:
The file is not being used by another process or being accessed by another user. We run our backups at 11 PM, there is no antivirus running and the jobs are normally scheduled for 5 AM. I'm puzzled mostly, because on the server I have the logging level on debug and the server logs don't say anything. I get more information in the file log, but that is still vague. Also, nobody else creates these files, since I am the person that tests, publishes and schedules all jobs to production.
The only problem is that I don't have any antivirus issue or other user issue cdreating these files. My responsibility is to test, publish and schedule all things that go to production. The jobs are scheduled to run at 5 AM and they just create the qvds. After all the qvds are created we have jobs that run to refresh the customer qvws. Again, the puzzling part is nothing has changed on the server for the last month. I wish the logs would provide a little more information, because they are set to debug level on the server, but the file log provides more information. But again, that error message is pretty vague.