Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veeranj
Creator II
Creator II

General script Error

Hi All,

I am facing an error like "General script  Error"  even though there is no error at the script level.

I ran even in Debug mode with 200 records and its working fine and when i run the application via QMC task ,its failing .

Any idea where the error is ?

Thanks,

Anjee

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is the last few actions before this error? For example, are you storing a table to a qvd or something?

veeranj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This error i am getting while loading data from QVD in the datamodel. Even qvd is not getting updated while application is running .

sunny_talwar

Does your service account have the access to the folder where this qvd sits?

veeranj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes.

sunny_talwar

Would it be possible to share the log file from the run on the QMC?

veeranj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I cant share the file . Can you let me know if i can see for any particular line in Log  from QMC log ?

sunny_talwar

Not the QMC log, I am still looking for Document Log, but from the run the took place through the QMC....

I don't have anything specific to look at, but just wanted to see the flow of your script, but if you are not able to share, then I am not sure I can help. May be pcammaert‌. (Sorry Peter if you think I am calling you out way too much, but I feel that you are the right guy for these kind of issues) can offer some advice.

Best,

Sunny

veeranj
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i ran with the first 200 rows  and ran from QMC .its working. Let me re-run  with all the data.Will get back if still  problem exists .

Thanks for the reply Sunny .

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is never a problem, Sunny. I consider it a compliment Sometimes you may have to wait a while for a reply (busy) but I try to be as responsive as possible.

With respect to the original issue: General Script Errors are mostly caused by environmental problems (STOREs that fail, insufficient permissions, excessive memory draining etc.) As there usually is no other indication as to what went wrong, we need a piece of the context in which this error occurs. Care to post the 4 statements immediately before the error in the DocumentLog?

Keep in mind that "General Script Error" is a name for a collection of errors that QlikView cannot detail any further. Sort of "everything else". Which is quite a large collection. IMHO guessing is not a very useful method here.