Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II

Generate values based on field

Hello Experts,

I need some help :

Here is the senario. I have two fields where one field has a starting value and another has its end value.

The fields may have numeric, alphabetic, alphanumeric. (eg: 0,1,2,a11,aaa)

It works for the numbers , but not with others. Is it possible ?

I have attached the sample QVW with an example.

15 Replies
avinashelite

Try like this

Table1:

LOAD * INLINE [

ID, A, B

1, a1, a5

2, 4, 9

3, a3, a10

5,AAA,ZZZ

6,a10,a40

7,a*

];

Concatenate

load ID,A,

(KeepChar(A,'0123456789')+IterNo() - 1) as Test,

KeepChar(B,'0123456789') Resident Table1 While IterNo() <= KeepChar(B,'0123456789') - KeepChar(A,'0123456789') + 1 ;

help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

But here my field may have values like A100 or B100. in this case it doesn't work.

or can we do something like. IF i have the lowest and highest value in two separate fields and in third field i have all the values(This table is not linked to the above table).

Then can we bring all the values from lowest to highest from that field?

avinashelite

Yes that will work but you need to careful will writing the condition to the combination of the A and B selection in the front end

help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes avinash i have tried this.

It gives ur the numeric value . How can we identify its joint value .

In this case if i select ID 6, then the result i need is a10 to a40.

We got the number 40 as per the logic.

Or is it possible if we have all the values in one field and then we can all the values from a10,a20,a30,a40?

avinashelite

as per the above logic your getting the values in the TEST column from 10 to 40 rite ?

help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes. That s fine. The problem is depending on the resulyt i have to mapp it to master data.

If for a Dim Value i have A10. And in master data i have A10,B10,C10 which i need to get.

As we have only numbers (As per your logic). So we have selected 10 , instead of selecting only A10 all the values A10 , B10,C10 will be selected in master data.