Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Get a BLOB image from QVD Challenge

Hi guys, as I've read in the Qlikview User Reference Manual, it says the only way you can load successfully a blob image is via ODBC.

In my case I can't get the BLOB image via ODBC, it has to be by plain text file.

Is there any trick that I can do in order to get my desired result?

I've attach my sample with a qvd with two blob images and a qv document trying to load it with bundle() and info() functions.

Here you have the part of users manual that says it has to be loaded only with odbc :

BLOB.png

17 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your qvd does not contain an image blob. When images are loaded into qlikview using the info or bundle keyword they're stored in a special internal $info table. That $info table can't be stored into a qvd with the STORE command.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks Gysbert for answering so quickly,

I'm sorry I didn't understand what you exactly mean.

In the field Photo you have an hexadecimal number of 1496324 numbers of longitude. And it's supposed to contain the image as BLOB defined in the database, isn't it? Wich is the difference between the number you see in the photo field and the number stored in the database?

I didn't pretend to store the image (stored in $info table), only showing it properly in Qlikview.

Regards, Marcel.

arthur_dom
Creator III
Creator III

Try when connecting with database the following script

Photo:

Bundle Info

Load Photo ID, PHoto blob from

sql select  ----- ;

then on design create a text field and put

'qmem://[Photo ID]/1' as a test.

The bunble command will store the image from database on QMEM.

MarcoWedel

Hi,

I also don't think it's possible to bundle load an image from a qvd directly.

However, I once tried to import pictures stored as octet strings in AD by using a VB macro to store it temporarily to disk and bundle load it from the file:

Importing user pictures from active directory

maybe this helps

regards

Marco

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks Marco! I'll try creating a function in vbscript that reads blob image and exports to an image file. I bet there's something in the web that can do this.

Regards, Marcel.

MarcoWedel

Hi,

sounds good, please post the result.

thanks

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable

DON'T use ODBC for images (BLOB format).

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks Arthur for your answer, is mandatory to have the odbc connection? It would be lovely if I can do it from a qvd file. Could you post an example?

Regards, Marcel.

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

What do you mean Antonio?