Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Get a BLOB image from QVD Challenge

Hi guys, as I've read in the Qlikview User Reference Manual, it says the only way you can load successfully a blob image is via ODBC.

In my case I can't get the BLOB image via ODBC, it has to be by plain text file.

Is there any trick that I can do in order to get my desired result?

I've attach my sample with a qvd with two blob images and a qv document trying to load it with bundle() and info() functions.

Here you have the part of users manual that says it has to be loaded only with odbc :

BLOB.png

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 reasons:

Performance

Complexity.

use "link" (url) off the image.

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

The point is that I've already stored in BLOB format the image, and I'd like to show the info in my Qlikview file. How would yo do it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What programing language You use?

Send me your table structure.

AC

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

I can use both javascript or vbscript or QV script language, you can get the info from tje data stored in the .rar file.

Regards, Marcel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marcel,

If You are using Blob on DB use a Programming Language with jdbc / odbc connection (the first if using java).

The program must create the image file from Database (simple and fast process).

On Qlik use only the link / url from image generated.

If You need I send You the code to do this job.

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks Antonio! My problem is that I can't read from odbc, only from qvd. So I'm trying to generate the image from BLOB with some kind of function via macro.

Anonymous
Not applicable

With Macro you can call System Commands.

But only JScript or VBScript inside macro code.

With Extensions (Document or Object) JavaScript only and code will be shared and not reside inside Qvw - Implies Web use.

I prefer the second option...

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks Antonio! I'm trying to develop the first one, because I didn't find a solution that fits my needs. Is there any solution made in extensions?  Regards, Marcel.