Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get values for the last n months

Hello

I am currently having problems regarding this situation, I need to get the customers with no quantity based on the

month the user selected and the condition specified.

I will attach my qvd file for you to analyze the problem more clearly.

Thank you!

Regards,

Donna

p.s Volume = Qty

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

bump

Not applicable
Author

bringing up my post again

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

PFA document.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and your solution. Can you give me a brief explanation for the solution you have given?

Thank you!

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

The expression

=Sum({<Year=, Month=, Date={'>=$(=MonthStart(Max(Date), (Max(no_vol)-1)*-1))<=$(Max(Date))'}>}Qty)

Year=  Excludes Year Selection

Month= Excludes Month Selection

Date={'>=$(=MonthStart(Max(Date), (Max(no_vol)-1)*-1))<=$(Max(Date))'} (Filters the date between start and end date)

=MonthStart(Max(Date), (Max(no_vol)-1)*-1) - Gets Max date and max no_vol (number of months) selected and subtract no_vol months from Max date.

MonthStart() will give you the starting date of the month for a given date

(Max(no_vol)-1)*-1 = If you select 12 months then 1 should be subtracted to get 12 months back date

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the explanation

although I still have a problem, if I select 3months no volume, the table should also display the month selected [select all customers in the selected month with no volume], then the previous month should also no volume, and so on. base on the expression you have created, ex: May[selected], even though April has a volume, it will still display. It should only display the list of customers with no volume depending on the selected no. of months.

'3 months without volume' means that for 3 consecutive months, the customer doesn't have any volume

Thanks!