cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tresesco
MVP
MVP

GetCurrentSelection for Alternate State

Is there any way to get the selections for alternate states? Copy Alternate State in trigger would not work for me, because i have to get the string in a variable.

Thanks.

9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, however your first link is not about getting the selection string, and the second link seems not exist.

Update: Please note that i don't want to use the concat function along with DISTINCT keyword. If any direct way is there, please suggest.

Not applicable

see link

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2340

It would be very helpful If there is a alternate state to be specified in this functions to get the selections and counts for the each alternative state.

It will be useful in checking the selections of the multiple alternate states in single object.

May be like this

GetCurrentSelections(<AlternateState1> FieldName),GetSelectedCount(<AlternateState2> FieldName)

tresesco
MVP
MVP
Author

GetCurrentSelections and such functions do not allow set analysis. And as i mentioned earlier i am looking for alternative solution to CONCAT function.

Anyway, thanks for your responses.

Not applicable

Hey Tresesco,

Why not to use the the variable in your set analysis and then use the system function...

Regards,

Nitin Jain

cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II

I know this is a bit late but the GetFieldSelections() function will take a state name as an argument. The arguments go in order of: FieldName, ValueSeparator, MaxValuesReturned, StateName. Thus to get a list of field selections (or just one) from the state State1, separated by semicolons you would do: GetFieldSelections(FieldName, ';', 1, 'State1') and it will return what you need.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Charles is right!

You can also see the last reply of this post:

http://community.qlik.com/message/688334#688334

Elena

tresesco
MVP
MVP
Author

Yes, your being late only makes this true. That is, QlikView 11 SR8 and newer versions have state argument. When I wrote this thread, SR8 was not there in existence. However, it's good that we have it now.

cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II

Better late than never, they say!