cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

GetFieldSelections within date range

Hi,

I have a filter 'WC_Claims', based on the option selected on filter I am displaying INDEMNITY, MEDICAL & GROSS_AMOUNT values using

GetFieldSelections within year range (start and end year taken into variables Eg. 2015 to 2016) correctly as below.

=If(GetFieldSelections(WC_Claims, '|') = 'Indemnity',

sum({<YEAR={'>=$(=vStartYear)<=$(=vEndYear)'}>}[INDEMNITY]),

If(GetFieldSelections(WC_Claims, '|') = 'Medical',

sum({<YEAR={'>=$(=vStartYear)<=$(=vEndYear)'}>} [MEDICAL]),

sum({<YEAR={'>=$(=vStartYear)<=$(=vEndYear)'}>} GROSS_AMOUNT))

When I am trying to simulate the same logic for Month range (From and To Accounting month taken from multi-box filters Eg. Mar-2015 to Mar-2016) using below approach. it is not working. Getting all month's values irrespective of From and To month range.

=If(GetFieldSelections(WC_Claims, '|') = 'Indemnity',

sum({<ACCOUNTING_MONTH={'>=$(=GetFieldSelections(From_Accounting_Month))<=$(=GetFieldSelections(To_Accounting_Month))'}>} [INDEMNITY]),

If(GetFieldSelections(WC_Claims, '|') = 'Medical',

sum({<ACCOUNTING_MONTH={'>=$(=GetFieldSelections(From_Accounting_Month))<=$(=GetFieldSelections(To_Accounting_Month))'}>} [MEDICAL]),

sum({<ACCOUNTING_MONTH={'>=$(=GetFieldSelections(From_Accounting_Month))<=$(=GetFieldSelections(To_Accounting_Month))'}>} GROSS_AMOUNT))

I am not sure what going wrong. Can someone pls help me. Thanks in Advance.

Note: If I directly use the below expression, it is working correctly

sum({<ACCOUNTING_MONTH={'>=$(=GetFieldSelections(From_Accounting_Month))<=$(=GetFieldSelections(To_Accounting_Month))'}>} GROSS_AMOUNT)

27 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Then, I am not sure the use of Pipe( | ) symbol this case, May be try this? I just remove the symbol in syntactically

=If(GetFieldSelections(WC_Claims) = 'Indemnity',

sum({<ACCOUNTING_MONTH={'>=$(=GetFieldSelections(From_Accounting_Month))<=$(=GetFieldSelections(To_Accounting_Month))'}>} [INDEMNITY]),

If(GetFieldSelections(WC_Claims) = 'Medical',

sum({<ACCOUNTING_MONTH={'>=$(=GetFieldSelections(From_Accounting_Month))<=$(=GetFieldSelections(To_Accounting_Month))'}>} [MEDICAL]),

sum({<ACCOUNTING_MONTH={'>=$(=GetFieldSelections(From_Accounting_Month))<=$(=GetFieldSelections(To_Accounting_Month))'}>} GROSS_AMOUNT))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

Still the same result, Getting all values irrespective of From and To date range.

I need data within the date range, Is there any alternate way I can use?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

The above condition what i gave is If we selected from WC_Claims value called Indemnity, Then we have to show first condition. Just use this and please select Indemnity from WC_Claims. Whether it is working or not.

=If(GetFieldSelections(WC_Claims) = 'Indemnity',

sum({<ACCOUNTING_MONTH={'>=$(=GetFieldSelections(From_Accounting_Month))<=$(=GetFieldSelections(To_Accounting_Month))'}>} [INDEMNITY]))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Anil, When I bring this condition(Indemnity alone and Full condition) in expression and enable the column, I'm seeing data for all month's, not just values within the range.

same happening upon Indemnity option selected.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Would you able to provide the MOC for testing?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Security guidelines restrict me to upload file with sample data, I will prepare the data in-line and provide.

Kushal_Chawda

try below

sum({<ACCOUNTING_MONTH={'>=$(=max(From_Accounting_Month))<=$(=max(To_Accounting_Month))'}>} [INDEMNITY])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kushal,

Still the same result, Getting all month's values upon enabling the column and Indemnity option selection

Kushal_Chawda

what is the format of ACCOUNTING_MONTH,From_Accounting_Month and To_Accounting_Month are all these fields in proper format. Take all these fields in list box check they are right aligned. if so they are in proper format