Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

GetSelectedCount

Hi,

I have 2 INLINE tables, that i need people to select from one or both and i need my dynamic column table to display all of the selected columns

GetSelectedCount(Column) > 0 (this command works for one table), but if i

GetSelectedCount(Column, Column1A) > 0 i get records from both tables even if no columns were selected in that table.

Any ideas.

thanks

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can use and operator like

GetSelectedcount(column)>0 and getselectedcount(column1A)>0

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

May be this

GetSelectedCount(Column) > 0 and GetSelectedCount(Column1A) > 0

or

GetSelectedCount(Column) > 0 or GetSelectedCount(Column1A) > 0

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried doing both combinations, the problem with both is that you have to choose 1 column from table column and 1 column from table column1A etc

sunny_talwar

the one with the or condition shouldn't be doing that

GetSelectedCount(Column) > 0 or GetSelectedCount(Column1A) > 0

This is saying either Column has a selection or Column1A has a selection....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,  when i do GetSelectedCount(Column) > 0 or GetSelectedCount(Column1A) > 0

and select a column from table column and column1A it works perfectly, but when i only select a column from table column it pickup the column from table column and every column from table column1A. and if i choose only a column from table column1A, it pick up every column is table column and column!A. if that make sense.

thx you

sunny_talwar

It does.... but how is your chart structured? Do you have every dimension listed out and then you use this condition or how exactly are you using this? Would you be able to share a sample?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny, you are right

I have expressions, like SubStringCount(Concat(Column,'|'),'Assumptions') and SubStringCount(Concat(ColumnA1,''|'),'Created;)

The reason why i created 2 tables, is that on my web version of the qlik app, when you select a column on the table, and i have over 100 columns, it does a refresh, and the refresh is noticeable. When you break the columns down to 2 or more INLINE tables, the refresh is less noticeable.  The app works great on my local version, but the web version is my issue. I am just trying to mask the refresh of the columns. Unfortunately i caused another problem..

thanks for all of the help

sunny_talwar

May be try this

SubStringCount('|' & GetFieldSelections(Column, '|, |') & '|', '|Assumptions|') and SubStringCount('|' & GetFieldSelections(ColumnA1,'|, |') & '|', '|Created|')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

this seems to be working

SubStringCount(Concat(Column,'|'),'Assumptions') and GetSelectedCount(Column) > 0

i need to add the GetSelectedCount on every expression, and change the names from Column to Column!A, but this maybe my answer.

thx you