Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Global Find and Replace

I'm looking for a way to do global find and replace on field. We have made decision to rename a few fields so I now need to find all the places the fields are used in current dashboards.

Ideally I'm looking for a way to identify everywhere a particular field is called (equation, list boxes, objects, variables, etc.). I have found the find and replace function in Expression Overview however I cannot find anything to help me find all the list boxes and objects where a particular field is used.

Thanks for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Josh,

The closer you can go is in Settings menu, Expression Overview. Tick all checks and click on Find/Replace.

I'd recommend you to backup your faile before changing this way, just in case.

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Josh,

The closer you can go is in Settings menu, Expression Overview. Tick all checks and click on Find/Replace.

I'd recommend you to backup your faile before changing this way, just in case.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Normal 0 false false false EN-CA X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the help. That gets me part way however I still need to replace all the dimensions, variables and listboxes. Is there any easy find and replace for that?

Cheers,

Josh

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi John,

There's not an easy way, as far as I know. Although I haven't tested, you can export the whole document to an xml file. You can edit it and import it. Anyway, I don't know if that can be of any use.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

I tested out your suggestion to see if I could change a listbox and it worked.

I used the Export Document function (File -> Export -> Export Document Layout...) to get the xml out. I then open the xml file in notepad and did a simple find and replace. Finally I create a new QlikView doc and imported the document layout (File -> Import -> Import Document Layout).

Thanks!

Josh

Not applicable
Author

Hi.  I'm using QV10 SR3 and when I export the document layout it creates multiple .xml files (one per object).  Am I doing something wrong or did something change between versions?  Thanks.