Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google maps- display only one country

Hi, i'm using google maps and i want to display one country, this means that i dont't want to diplay the earth map and then make zoom! So how can i proceed?

Also, i want to zoom with mouse scroll, is that possible?

Thanks.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sanaba,

As an alternative to Google Maps I'd like to tell you about IdevioMaps.

IdevioMaps is a dynamic map extension for QlikView 10 and 11. Of many other things it allows you to display only one country and use the mouse to zoom. Right click and drag downwards to zoom in, upwards to zoom out.

Experience IdevioMaps at demo.qlik.com.

I'll be happy to send you a 30-days evaluation kit of IdevioMaps, please let me know of that is of interest.

BR/ Lisa @ idevio

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

GIS/Maps Analytics in QlikView is a very interesting topic indeed.

However, there are many technical limitations in using Google Maps (GMaps) to display QlikView KPI indicators. First of all, the drill-down, pan and selection capabilities are quite limited. Moreover, you cannot display several indicators at the same time and on the same map (background + foreground indicators), you are also limited to draw bubbles and therefore you cannot display pie/bar charts nor "real" heat maps. Finally, you cannot display QlikView KPIs on specific Zones or Sales Areas with GMaps such as the Bricks in the Pharmaceutical sector (Brick = aggregation of zipcodes).

On top of that, there are also a few "commercial" aspects to be considered since many QlikView customers & channel partners use GMaps API "FREE" Key inside their QlikView server or rich client without complying with GMaps license terms...Indeed, for "professional internal use" (intranet, extranet or internet with username/password authentication to QlikView application), you must buy GMaps API "Premier" which costs about 10,000 $ USD per year or 8,500 euros per year + possible extra fees depending upon the total number of daily hits.

A few alternatives exist such as Open Street Map (totally FREE) or other WMS/TMS services. I hereby suggest you to have a look at our new mapping extension for QlikView 11 SR1 namely "GeoQlik v11.6":

http://www.geoqlik.com/en/geoqlik-for-qlikview/geoqlik-v11.html

Please find hereafter a few screenshots of GeoQlik V11.6 using WMS/TMS services to display QlikView KPIs:

geoqlik_v11_demo_1.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_2.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_3.JPG

geoqlik_v11_full.jpg

Thanks and best regards,

David

@ Business Geografic