Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Googleapis not working anymore

Hi all,

I'm using in the script the googleapi (like the picture below) in QV12.

This was always working fine but now I get this error.

If I copy and paste the url in my browser it is giving me the data so the key is working.

Any idea what can be wrong or changed?

kris_vliegen_0-1591954059375.png

This is the script I'm using.

kris_vliegen_0-1591958101526.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for you help.

We found out what the problem was.

There were spaces in the url (or address) and QV12 is having problems wit this.

I changed the script to  replace the ' ' with %20.

Now als is working fine.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If you copy and paste the line in the script using the account running the QlikView services, do you also see a successful result?

Note that your account and the one running the services will be different and, most likely, will have different network or security restrictions.

It doesn't look like the key is the issue, rather either the encoding (too many spaces not understood by Google) or the access to the Google service itself (e.g.: network restrictions).

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for your reaction.

I've used the Rtrim-function to remove the spaces in the address. But I still get the same error.

kris_vliegen_0-1591962288168.png

I'm using the administrator-user to log in to the server and the services are using the same user.

Exept the Qlik Service Dispatcher)

kris_vliegen_1-1591962356443.png

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

What if you use the wizard to create the connection with a URL proven to work on the URL instead of using variables?

See if there are differences in the code QlikView creates and the one you have been already using.

Also, does that script work if run on a different computer and version of QlikView (if that's possible to test)?

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

What do you mean with the wizzard?

I've replaced tha variable by the string and this is also not working...

kris_vliegen_0-1591965609970.png

I've copied the reload-script and data to another server with QV11.20 and there it is working.

So there should be something wrong with the server or the working of QV12.

Any idea?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would have to venture the more likely scenario is a proxy server being involved with the new server that may be preventing access to the Google site etc., so I would probably get up with the Network or Security team to have them check to see if there is something different in that regard between the servers, as it should be something along those lines, I do not believe there were any changes on our side that should have broken things.  You did not say what full track of version 12 you were using either, please note the only supported tracks in 12 now are 12.20 and later.  I would rule out security or proxy settings as the next step and proceed from there, and I would be willing to bet if you loaded up 12 on that other server things likely would still work there...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for you help.

We found out what the problem was.

There were spaces in the url (or address) and QV12 is having problems wit this.

I changed the script to  replace the ' ' with %20.

Now als is working fine.