Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
osni_campos
Contributor III
Contributor III

Grab value from a table

Good Morning

It is possible to place a text object value of a sum of a cell or expression of a particular dynamic table?

Grateful.

13 Replies
Not applicable

Osni

yes it is possible, just copy your expression in the text object.

best regards

Chris

Not applicable

I think no, but you can use similar expression in text box to have same sum.......

osni_campos
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry I was not clear. No need for an alternative, but actually take this value as is on the table.

using macro works, but I would not use this feature.

Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, you can put the text as a formula. Let's say you have a table with sales amount, you want to put the total turnover in text. You can put this in text objet, for instance:

='Total turnover: '&sum(Sales)

Hope this helps

Not applicable

Do you want the cell value for a particular cell in a row?

Well that can be done by using the same expression and using set analysis to filter the expression for that particular row.

Hope that is what you meant?

osni_campos
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

exactly what I need.

Not applicable

Are you able to achieve this? otherwise attach your sample app.

Let me know, if any other questions

Please close the thread if you do not have any questions

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I have a similar problem.

I use the expressions sometimes in the Title of the Chart for example Count(Orders) when the dimension in the chart is Orders.

BUT, in my case there is often a difference between the Count() in title and the amount of Orders visible in the chart.

I think this happens when the value for the expression in the chart is null(). Then the Orders are not shown in the chart(which is totally correct) but will be counted in the title. So my title shows 10 Orders but in the chart I just see 5...

The expression in the chart title gets quite complex. It would be nice to simply reference the object ID and get the number of items shown in the chart (macro is not an option) like "GetSelectedCount"

Regards,

Peter

Not applicable

Osni,

unless Order is an ID you should better sum(Orders)

if it is an ID, then count(distinct Orders) will give you the right number + 1 null you can remove by -1 or by set analysis {<Order=-{''}>}

best regards

Chris