Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator

Graph

Hi Guys,

i would like to have a suggestion from you.

I would like to create a graph in order to evaluate the importance of customer for sales (feel free to suggest any idea): i'm evaluating to create a graph in order to compare volume of sales and margin to evaluate the importance of customer. Which type of graph is the best to run this analysis?

Thanks

4 Replies
prma7799
Master III
Master III

Kushal_Chawda

Scatter plot will be best suited for your requirement in which customer will be your dimension ,Margine and sales will be your expressions. Scatter plot is best suited to evaluate some dimension (your case customer) based on two measures

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Antonio,

Kushal's suggestion of a scatter plot is good. Another idea is a horizontal bar chart with the length of the bar representing sales and the colour representing the margin. The colours to be calculated either with your own expression or you can use the ColorMix wizard.

Cheers

Andrew

Or
MVP
MVP

In order to create a chart highlighting the importance of a customer's sales, you first have to identify what "important" means. Is it the largest volume customer? The highest profit? The customer with the highest profit percentage? Are you trying to highlight customers that have discrepancies - for example, high volume and low profit - or are you focusing on one variable at a time?

Generally, you'll want more than one chart to get a sense of who your customers are and how they behave. Trying to cram it all into one chart will likely result in a crowded, difficult-to-read chart that won't catch all of the important cases.