cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Green dots on the sheet tab

Hi!

Help is needed!

Maybe somebody can give me an explanation on the green dots that appear on the sheet tab....

I would really appreciate your help.

So, I understand that green dot on the tab means that the value is selected in that sheet.

I run a macro, one of its function says: ActiveDocument.Fields("A").Select "XXX"

I see the green dots on the sheet tab, my charts have been changed based on the selection but I dont see any selections in the Current Selection box....

How is it possible??

P.S. I have to use it in a macro, trigger actions does not help in my case.

Please see a photo of the dashboard in the attached file

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The only thing I can think of is the selection is made in a field that starts with a prefix that's the same as defined in the script as hidden prefix with SET HiddenPrefix = 'X'; (X being an example). That would keep it from being shown in the currentselections box.

If that's not it then you'll have to create a sampe document that has the same problem. Read this document: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thank you for idea!

But I have just found out the mistake!)) It was so stupid....

I had assigned an alternative state "Security" for the sheet and some objects and not "inherited" as it is usually by default.

When I run the macro, then the selections are made in the inhereted (default) state, that is why I did not see any selections in the Current Selection Box.