cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sameera
Contributor II
Contributor II

Grid chart - Wrong data on data point labels

I'm building a Grid Chart with three dimensions to show events across a time period

- Month Year 

- Program 

- The third dimension is an event that should show up based on the Month Year

The expression I used is a dummy - sum of a measure that has no relevance  but is required for the dots to show up.

My problem is that the grid chart is inconsistent. When I select one program, the events are accurate, but when I filter a particular year, the events turn blank even though they are colored with the right description.

This is the data used for the chart( I combined all events in one month into one row):

ProgramEventEvent DateValue
PROG1EV14/12/201710000
PROG1EV27/11/201810000
PROG1EV38/15/201810000
PROG1EV41/1/202010000
PROG1EV51/29/202020000
PROG1EV61/31/202020000

When the Program is selected, the events are displayed correctly. 

When I select one particular year - 

For Year 2017 - Correct event

For Year 2018 - The event is mixed up and one event is not displayed

For Year 2020 - The event is not displayed at all.

I have done a join with one Master Calendar ( Year Month) with the events table (Year MonthKey). I then use MonthYear as a dimension. It seems straightforward , but any filter messes up the data. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong here?

Reposting this again, cause my other post went to spam 😕

Labels (1)
  • Chart

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

See duplicate post: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Grid-Chart-with-3-dimensions-wrong-data-value...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.