Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaspal_icon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hardware Scaling - Urgent

Hello All,

Please provide me the Hardware Scaling technique.

Where Data is of 500GB

Users: 50

Concurrent User:10

QVW : 5

I have one Excel File but when I input these thigns it gives result for 500GB RAM. Which I dont think is option to recommend.

Kindly help

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Jaspal Singh

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jaspal, are you saying that your data source is one 500GB Excel file?

Anyway, off the top of my head I would recommend a 128GB RAM box for this. Remember that the RAM usage/requirement is very much related to the data modelling and application design efforts. Even though the base data clocks in at 500GB that says quite little about the possible size of the .QVW applications that will be derived out of this data set.

jaspal_icon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Sunden,

One of the Excel sheet I got from Some Document for scaling, is giving this result.

How much you are agree for this. And what will be the ground for your recommendation of 128GB RAM, do you think that much RAM is feasible to have in General Server. As When I enquired then 64GB RAM was the most using in Server.

Please suggest something feasible.

Source

500 GB
Compression Ratio90 %
File Size Multiplier4
User RAM Ratio5%
No. of Concurrent Users10
QVW Size Disk 50 GB
RAM Initial200 GB
RAM User 10 GB
Total RAM Required (GB)300 GB

QVW Size Disk (GB) :SourceData × (1 - CompressionRatio) "this is the size, on disk, of a QlikView File Size"
RAM Initial (GB)QVWsizedisk × FileSizeMultiplier (this is the initial RAM footprint for any application)
RAM User (GB) RAMinitial × User RAM Ratio (this is the RAM each incremental user consumes)
Total RAM Required (GB):(RAMuser × No. users) + RAMinitial

Regards

Jaspal Singh