Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help: Dimension Values

Hi,

I need help with the dimension values in straight table.

I have a straight table with one dimension which takes certain values (A,B,C,D). I would like to add dummy values to this dimension (AA, BB, CC etc).I was wondering is there is a way in which i can do this without loading new data.

Thanks,

Harsha

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Harsha

In what sense do you mean add dummy values? If you mean converting the existing values to a different representation, you can use a calculated dimension to achieve this.

In your case, you would set the calculated dimension as:

=[Your DimensionField] & [Your DimensionField]

This will concatenate the dimension to itself and convert 'A' -> 'AA', 'B' -> 'BB'

Let me know if this is not what you need

Erica

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, if you wanna have another value which doesnt have any direct relation to your first dimension you can use the Rand() function, or an nested if clause. /Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your replies Erica and Marcus.

Find attached the excel which shows what i am looking for. I want to add values to the existing dimension. Hope i have explained better

Any ideas of how i can achieve this without loading new data.

Tkx

Harsha

Not applicable
Author

With attachment

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Harsha, im not sure i understand, cant you just add new calculated dimensions in the straight table and rename them? what kind of values do you want to have in the new dimensions? /Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

I am not trying to add a new dimension. I have only one dimension and i want to show only one dimension finally as well.

My dimension takes certain values. I want to assign some more values to the same dimension (in addition to the values it currently takes), which are not a part of the data. Even though there will be no data showing for these dummy dimension values I want to show them as a part of the table. Hope i am clear.

Any ideas of how i can do this?

Tkx

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Something like this? (see attached file)

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Maybe have a look at ValueList(). You could possible create a variable using Concat() to get the existing values and add the others into the ValueList(). Can't test it right now but maybe it'll work...

Hope this helps,

Jason