Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help -Latest PE version Access denied bug?

Afternoon- trying to create a QV doc with Personal Edition. I do some work, which I then save, and then next time I try t open it up, it throws this error:

"Access denied. The file was created by a licensed QlikView user and since you are using a QlikView Personal Edition you may not open this file."

I just downloaded version 11.20.11718.0 SR1 64-bit Edition (x64) , and I did try to reboot.

I tried searching these forums and elsewhere on the Internet, and while I found mentions of it, there was no resolution for this circumstance where I am creating the file with Personal Edition and cannot open it back up with Personal Edition, on the same exact session and same laptop.

Any thoughts? I have a wee time crunch if anyone has the opportunity to help today.

Thank you,

KQ

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If there's a -prj directory where your document is saved remove that -prj directory. It sometimes happens that Qlikview creates this directory for version control. With PE you can't use versioning. Removing this directory removes the version control for the document so it's possible to open the document again.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If there's a -prj directory where your document is saved remove that -prj directory. It sometimes happens that Qlikview creates this directory for version control. With PE you can't use versioning. Removing this directory removes the version control for the document so it's possible to open the document again.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert, that worked perfectly. Looks like that will be an easy bug to fix in PE... At least the version I have creates that -prj dir every time I create a new doc.

Not applicable
Author

Was having the same issue. The solution from Gysbert worked like a charm .

Thanks,

Rich

Not applicable
Author

I get an error after deleting the prj directories distributed for this app - https://github.com/QVSource/QVSource-Twitter-Starter-App-For-QlikView

I have Genuine licensed edition. Then why is this error occurring ? Why is the license so messy ? I did not buy genuine software to deal with these kind of issues.