Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help - My macro doesn't work on web

Hi,

I want to only allow one selection in a list box, but I need to Reduce All Data when delivering my document to others. So I create an OnSelect trigger for the field to only allow one selection, Add Action-> External-> Run Macro.

sub OneSelection

set field = ActiveDocument.Fields("_Metric")

set fieldProperties = field.GetProperties

fieldProperties.OneAndOnlyOne = true

field.SetProperties fieldProperties

end sub

When I open the document with no data by Desktop Edition, reload data, make selection in the list box, it works, only one selection is allowed. But when I reload data for the document and open it on web, make selection in the list box, I can select multiple things in the list box, seems the macro doesn't work on web.

How can I make it work on web?

Thanks.

5 Replies
vikasmahajan

Hello

In Web Macro Never Works , You need to run job externally  via batch file and schedule via windows schedular

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for replying. Do you know where to find the related learning materials or is there any easy way to only allow one selection in both Desktop edition and web when I need to reduce all data?

vikasmahajan

Please mark ans as correct or helpful.

vikas

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
vikasmahajan

Please refer this link http://community.qlik.com/message/350896#350896

Not applicable
Author

Really thanks for your help Vikas, we need to reload data via QMC, I will keep researching, thank you.