Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joris_lansdaal
Creator
Creator

Help - suppress nulls

Hi all,

I'm a bit stuck. Let me introduce my challenge with below graph.MAT.PNG

I don't want May-2016 in my analysis because I only want closed months and not the running month.This means i want a Null in May which are suppresed

M36Flag is used flag the last 36 closed months

Two expressions are used:

Volume=If(M36Flag=0,Null(),sum($(VarFact))/1000*$(VarFactor))

Trend= If(M36Flag=0,Null(),below( sum({<M36Flag={1}>} $(VarFact)),0,12) /1000*VarFactor)

The first works fine, but I dont understand why Trend is not Null in May2016.

Any suggestions?

thanks Joris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

That is just so strange... Would you be able to post a sample? Or may be try recreating the chart from scratch and try with the trend expression first

View solution in original post

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you sure May-2016 have M36Flag = 0? Is there a possibility that it has 0 and 1 both assigned to it?

joris_lansdaal
Creator
Creator
Author

i'm pretty sure, yes. And because the logic is correct in Volume i'm confused.

sunny_talwar

Null in volume could be because of the expression itself. Can you create a straight table with the same dimension as this chart and add two expressions:

Count(DISTINCT M36Flag) and

Concat(DISTINCT M36Flag, ', ')

and share a screenshot for May-2016

joris_lansdaal
Creator
Creator
Author

concat.PNG

sunny_talwar

Can you add the trend expression to the above straight table and see if you get null or not?

If(M36Flag=0, Null(), Below(Sum({<M36Flag={1}>} $(VarFact)),0,12) /1000*VarFactor)

joris_lansdaal
Creator
Creator
Author

concat2.PNG

joris_lansdaal
Creator
Creator
Author

I also have a background color expression.

if(Monthstart(MonthYear)<=AddMonths(Today(),-Count(Distinct TOTAL(MonthYear))+13),ARGB(0,252,115,98))

Would that cause issues?

sunny_talwar

Ya, why don't you try adding the same if condition to your background expression as well:

If(M36Flag=0, if(Monthstart(MonthYear)<=AddMonths(Today(),-Count(Distinct TOTAL(MonthYear))+13),ARGB(0,252,115,98)))

joris_lansdaal
Creator
Creator
Author

MAT3.PNG

Doesn't work.