Creator II

Help text

Hi

Help text in chart  as bellow

=if(EmpID='01',Emp_Name)  but its not showing anyhelp text.my data as bellow

EmpID ,Emp_Name

01     ,Mohan

02,     Ram

03,   B  etc. pls help me how i can achive this i need to set if empid=01 then name will be mohan.

thanks in advance

9 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

HelpText in a Chart (Caption tab) is calculated across the whole dataset, not line by line.  Therefore, if you have more than 1 Employee selected, EmpID will have more than one value so EmpID='01' will be meaningless.

Depending on the type of chart you are creating, you could perhaps add an additional Expression to calculate the text you want to popup and turn off the, say, "Bar" option and turn on the "Text as popup" option.

Regards,

Stephen

srinivasa1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Im useing gauge chart

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Have a look at this example.  Does that give you an idea of how to do what you need?

Regards,

Stephen

srinivasa1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi i need to add helptext.

Not applicable

Hi,

U need to add help text in caption?

Go to caption tab, in the help text box add yours code:

if(EmpID=01, 'Mohan',

if(EmpID=02, 'Sulistiyo'

))  // remember to have this close bracket, if you have 3 IF, then you must close it with 3 bracket also.

If you want to always appear along in the chart, u can use "Text in Chart", located in tab "Presentation"

hope it helps..

srinivasa1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I need to disply one help only as bellow employee

if(EmpID=01, 'Mohan')  for one object (obj1), other employeee i wll need to disply help  text in other object ie:(for obj2 it will be name of emp code 2) thx

Not applicable

hmm..i dont really understand with what you are trying to achieved. Any example or screenshot?

srinivasa1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi ,

Sorry for dealy to reply i was bit bussy last 2 days.. i need to create dynamic help text for cauge chart.. thx.

Not applicable

Sorry about the late response but I stumbled upon this researching my own problem.

I assume Emp_Name is associated in your data model.

if(getpossiblecount(Emp_Name)=1,Emp_Name,'Various Employees')