Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Help with QV Function Survey

I was recently working with a customer developing training curriculum and the question was asked "what expression functions do most developers use". I thought it was a question worth getting a specific answer to. So I'm creating a community project to gather data on what QV functions and features people use.

Please help out by running the attached QVW against your installation's QVWs. The scanner will gather anonymous information and produce a QVD that should be emailed to me per the instructions in the file.

- The scanner runs fast -- about 60 QVWs per minute or better.

- The survey QVD contains only counts of function usage -- such as how many time sum() is used.

- No private information is included in the survey QVD that you return to me. There are no qvw names, no userids, no expressions no fieldnames or data.

- I will make the collected data freely available to the community for analysis.

- I prefer that you run against your production or QA, just to eliminate the extra copies and backups that appear in a dev environment. If you can't scan production, please go for the cleanest directories possible.

Why should you take the time to help me on this?

1. You may gain some insights from the data.

2. I help you out with free tools like Document Analyzer, QVPR Analysis and the QlikViewCookbook. Time to return the favor.

Thanks in advance,

-Rob

Updated scanner to scan contents of variables for Function names.

Updated scanner to include expressions in text objects.

50 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

TX