Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
triciagdaly
Contributor III
Contributor III

Help with Section Access

I am trying to load access for users with price list (CPL) access, and unable to load from the qvd.  It will accept loading using INLINE.  In other words, when logging in as 'nparker', the CPL displayed is 'KRL'.  I need to use the qvd, not INLINE.  Please see attached qvw that builds the  .qvd  'CreatePricingAccess.qvw', and the .qvw with Section Access.

In this application - 'Customer Pricing - TGD.qvw',  user 'tdaly' should have access to all CPL's when logging in and supplying password of 'Password1'.  It will only accept nparker (from the INLINE).

Data from qvd is also attached in Pricing_Access table.docx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this small change:

upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

upper(NTNAME) as USERID,
'PASSWORD1'
as PASSWORD,

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Not applicable

Can you unhide your hidden script so that I can take a look at your section access code?

Thanks.

triciagdaly
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is the code in the hidden script:

SECTION ACCESS;
LOAD ACCESS,
NTNAME as USERID,
'Password1'
as PASSWORD,
CPL
FROM
[..\QVD\PricingAccess.qvd]
(
qvd);

Concatenate
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS,USERID,PASSWORD,CPL
ADMIN,nparker,Password1,KRL
]
;

Section Application;

Not applicable

First thing I'd do is give the section access table a name.  Then concatenate against that table name.  The other thing I'd make sure of is that you are indeed creating a list of users from your QVD that includes valid values from the reduction field that exist in the data.

Next thing I don't completely understand is why not create the appropriate field names for section access and include the password field in the qvd creation instead of etl when you pull in the QVD?  Seems like double work and it's not clear to me.  You are going from using NTNAME to using USERID.  Is there a reason for that?

The script above looks ok to me, but I have a feeling there is something that isn't correct with the qvd creation.

jg

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Do you have to concatenate the table?

When we played around with section access, it seems that QlikView does not like the table to be created in two parts and merged together.

triciagdaly
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No, we only concatenated to be able to see which section was working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this small change:

upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,

upper(NTNAME) as USERID,
'PASSWORD1'
as PASSWORD,

triciagdaly
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Jeffrey,

Regarding the field names, we will just use NTNAME when this goes to production, and comment out the USERID and PASSWORD assignment .. While in test, we want to be prompted for userid and password.

Regarding the list of users generated from the qvd, the list appears correct.  Also, from the table I attached, user 'tdaly' should be able to view all CPL's.  Will not open application with this or any other user that's not included in the INLINE.

Puzzled....

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

In that case, try dropping the concatenate and add "where 1=1" to your QVD load. Your script should look like

SECTION ACCESS;
LOAD ACCESS,
NTNAME as USERID,
'Password1'
as PASSWORD,
CPL
FROM
[..\QVD\PricingAccess.qvd]
(
qvd)

WHERE 1 = 1;

Section Application;