cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with an expression?

Hi,

I have the following expression that I need to understand, can you please let me know what do mean each section:

= Count(Aggr(Only({$<ID = e({<[Closure Code]={'wrong module','Transferred to new module'}>})>} [Case Count]), AutoID))

I know that the on red are fields, but I need to know what does the blue words/letters. I need to add exclusions for other fields, can I just add a coma and will work?

Please advise.

40 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For some reason, your condition is not removing one of the states. I will double check and let you know.

sunny_talwar

Not sure what you mean? Did you not say that 7 was the right answer?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I used your expression, but instead of a field I use a table to displays the ID, state, closure code, and with that condition I am seeing some of the closure codes that should not being counted.

sunny_talwar

Can you share a snapshot?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's like the second part is not working. But with the expression provided by Vishwarath Nagaraju looks like working. Still testing it.

sunny_talwar

So just so I am clear

1) Total is my expression?

2) You do not expect to see 44 and 31 in this chart?

3) ID will never repeat in the database?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1) I know, in your example everything looks correct.

2) No, those records shouldn't be there.

3) Correct, the ID will never repeat on database.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is almost working:

= Count(Aggr(Only({$< ID = E({< State = {'Wrong module','Transferred to a new module'} >}) >} ID), ID)) -

Count(Aggr(Only({$< Closurecode =  {'Pre', 'Invalid'} >}  ID), ID))

The problem is that I have 2 areas, and there are 2 records, one accomplish the above condition, but the condition is removing both records, don't know why.

sunny_talwar

Almost feel like you need a swuehl‌ here to solve your issue... I have no clue what you are trying to do... but he might be the right guy for this. Let's just hope he has some time to look at this.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

No real idea neither.

A common issue is that some people tend to tell that a condition should be A and B, when they indeed mean A or B, so maybe the OP wants to exclude IDs that have either one of the states or one of the codes:

=Count(DISTINCT

{<

ID = e(

{<State= {'Wrong module', 'Transferred to a new module'}> + <[Closure code] = {'Pre', 'Invalid'}>}

)

>} ID)

Also any user selection might mess up the result, so we might need to add set identifiers etc to the inner set expressions.