Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with dynamic Cross table using Pivot/Straight table

hello everyone..

I am facing a problem..

What I want is to create a dynamic cross table using straight table or Pivot table in Qlikview..

It goes lyk dis:

----Current Period----               -----------Previous Period------------   

Sep-13          Sep-12               Mar13-Sep-13               Mar-12-Sep13   

Cost Price               100               150                         3000                              3250

Selling Price            120               200                         4200                              5000

Profit                        20                50                          1200                              1750

Here, the values :

1.  sep-13 is the max(MonthYear) i.e the current month

2.  Sep-12 is the max(MonthYear)-12  i.e same month last year

3.  Mar-13 - Sep-13  is the last six MonthYear period

4. Mar-12 - Sep-12 is the last six months period for the last year.

what i wanna say is, the dimensions are calculated. i.e. all these four values will be coming from different expression but I want them to be displayed in a single header row.

Please help..

Thanks

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

use the pivote table

drag expressions and drop into vertically

let me know is it working or not

other wise give sample qvw.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you attach sample file?

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

hi..
I am attaching a screenshot of the required output...

screenshot.JPG

Plz try and guide me here only..As I am using the personal edition of Qlikview, I wont be able to access the .qvw file if you send one....

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I would like to highlight that I have the following fields:

1. Date

2. Month

3.Year

4. MonthYear

5. Charges

6. Payments

7. Adjustments

8. Refunds

The metric 'Beginning Balance'  is the running sum of all the transactions from the beginning till the start of the current month.

Also Net Activity is the sum of the transaction for this month

Adding Net Activity to the Beginning Balance gives the Ending Balance.

What I want is to have the current month i.e Sep-13, same month last year i.i Sep-12 etc as the dimension which have been dragged above. And the sum(Charges) as Charges etc.. as Expressions