Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hidden Row (Hidden record)

Hi, I'm noob in Qlikview. I have two lists and only one SQL with 3 records, one of the lists must have two records and the other 3, how do I do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't know if I'm missing something here but using an expression as the field for a list box seems to meet the requirement you just outlined.  It would be easier if you provided a sample of the document so I could see what you're working with/the progress you've made so far.  Maybe we're just misunderstanding each other so I've provided an example of a list box that contains 3 records and only displays 2 of them using the method I outlined above.  You don't have to filter the SQL in order to create the attached document and it will give you one fewer than the number of records that you have in the listbox (based on what you set it to in the expression).  Additionally, as you can see, when you load the attached document the list box is already filtered and will affect other selections.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not really sure what the context is of what you're trying to do but I think what you're looking for is a resident load.  You can load the full table then use a resident load for the second table to filter the criteria down to two records.  See example below

Load Field1,

Field2;

SQL Select Field1,

Field2

From SQLTable;

Load Field1,

Field2

Resident Where Field1 = 'Criterion';

Not applicable
Author

Ok but I can not change my SQL, it should be the same, just need to do the filter in the list box

Not applicable
Author

Both lists used the same SQL loaded (3 records), only one will have 2 records and one all 3 records.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When you're creating a list box you can select "<Expression>" in the filed dropdown which will let you enter something like the following: If(Match(Field1,'Value1','Value2'),Field1).  But performance wise it may make more sense to create another field in the table for this.

Not applicable
Author

I appreciate your help, but actually this is not what I need, I'll try to explain better:
First, forget the two lists before, we will work with only one.
I have a SQL query that returns me 3 records, I can not filter this SQL, when I load these 3 records in the list box needs to show only two, need to hide one of the records in the list box making me return just 2 records.
IMPORTANT: This list should come already loaded in the opening of the project and selected values ​​will impact the rest of the same project.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't know if I'm missing something here but using an expression as the field for a list box seems to meet the requirement you just outlined.  It would be easier if you provided a sample of the document so I could see what you're working with/the progress you've made so far.  Maybe we're just misunderstanding each other so I've provided an example of a list box that contains 3 records and only displays 2 of them using the method I outlined above.  You don't have to filter the SQL in order to create the attached document and it will give you one fewer than the number of records that you have in the listbox (based on what you set it to in the expression).  Additionally, as you can see, when you load the attached document the list box is already filtered and will affect other selections.

Not applicable
Author

It worked, sorry, I did not understand the above explanation, it was simpler than I thought. Thanks man!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No problem, sorry for the misunderstanding.