cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide Dimension in PIVOT Table without MACRO

Hi Team,

Can we Hide Dimension of a  PIVOT table without MACRO? I cannot use Straight table (Requirement is for Pivot only) and neither a Macro (Since IE plugin would be needed on all Clients and not feasible)

I have a Pivot table which has 5 Dimensions(Dim1,Dim2,Dim3,Dim4,Dim5) and 2 Expressions(Exp1,Exp2)

Consider Sample Data as

Dim1    Dim2    Dim3               Dim4       Dim5          Sales          Profit         DummySKU

Asia     India     Maharashtra     Mumbai   Prod1          50              50              1

Asia     India     Maharashtra     Mumbai   Prod2          50              50              0

Asia     India     Maharashtra     Pune       Prod3          50              50              1

Asia     China    Beijing             Huan      Prod4          50              50              1

Asia     China    Huan1             Seqop     Prod5         50              50              1

User wants to see PIVOT output as below:

Asia    India      Maharashtra      Mumbai    Prod1       100              100

Asia    India      Maharashtra      Pune        Prod3         50               50

Asia     China    Beijing             Huan        Prod4          50               50           

Asia     China    Huan1             Seqop       Prod5          50               50   

(Please observe that Sum(Sales) and Sum(Profit) is to be done for all Records but we do not want to display the rows where DummySKU = 0. Thus, Prod2 is getting added but not getting displayed)

I have done a solution of adding a Calculated Dimension of DummySKU and Suppress Null when it is 0, This suppresses the record but this additional Dimension is still visible to the User. I have put a Blank TextBox on this extra dimesnion but managing the Length of TextBox is being looked upon by me now.

Is there any Straightforward solution to my Problem given all of the above conditions. I have already looked at solution given by Gysbert to use a MACRO at the link Hidden dimension in pivot table. Kindly suggest.

Thanks.

Kuldeep.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You could put these condition within a displayed dimension like:

if(DummySKU = 1, Dim5)

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't think without can possible or not. Let's wait some time

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

You could put these condition within a displayed dimension like:

if(DummySKU = 1, Dim5)

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Such a Simple solution. Yes indeed your provided solution helped and I am able to Hide the Dimension in Pivot by putting the condition. Sorry, I could not think of this simple solution. Thanks Marcus.

Thanks.

Kuldeep.