Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hide Dimension on select

Hi All,

I have a straight table and I am trying to show all the expressions by default and hide the expressions when selected.

I have created the inline load using the field names. I have one dimension and 2 expressions. I am trying to hide the expressions when selected. I tried below expression, but is working when on value is selected and not when multiple.

Concat(Dimesnion,',') = 'Value'.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Varun

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

NOT SubStringCount('|' & GetFieldSelections(Dimension, '|') & '|', '|PRSL|')

View solution in original post

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

NOT SubStringCount('|' & GetFieldSelections(Dimension, '|') & '|', '|PRSL|')

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Sunny. I have tried Not SubstringCount but missed pipe logic.

Cheers!

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Varun,

Thought of sharing another method.

GetSelectedCount(Dimension)=0 Or Not Match(GetFieldSelections(Dimension,', '),'PRSL')

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Nagaraj

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nagaraj, this solution is working fine when one value is selected but when both PRSL and Rel is selected, we are seeing the values in the chart instead of hiding. Just wanted you to inform.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

My bad. Sorry Varun.

GetSelectedCount(Dimension)=0 Or Not Index(GetFieldSelections(Dimension),'PRSL')

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This is working

Cheers!

sunny_talwar

Do we really need the first part here? Just trying to see why this would be needed?

GetSelectedCount(Dimension)=0

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Ha. It's not required. I was trying to correct my mistake and completely forgot about this part (and again did a silly mistake). Thanks for pointing it out. It's similar to your suggestion and nothing has changed except index function.

Not Index(GetFieldSelections(Dimension),'PRSL')

Edit: Varun, Just to be safe please use any symbols before and after the dimension name like Sunny used.