Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide column based on selections

I'm using this forumla to make a column go blank unless a certain item in my cyclic group is selected.  Is there any way to hide the column completely in v10?

=if(GetCurrentField([Cyclic Group]) = 'Group Selection', [Column Name])

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If I remember correctly, there should be a conditional hide column option in presentation tab of chart properties (at least for a straight table?).

=if(GetCurrentField([Cyclic Group]) = 'Group Selection', 1,0)

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you are using Qlikview 11, then you can use Enable Conditional option in Dimension tab and use this expression

=if(GetCurrentField([Cyclic Group]) = 'Group Selection', 1,0)

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

O11235
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I've used this option ("conditional hide column option in Presentation tab of Chart Properties", except in Pivot Tables were the option is not available but one can move and hide columns instead) in QV 11. Useful in presenting extra fields for particular selections within the cycle group. How ever I've never used an 'if' statement  just:

GetCurrentField([Name of the cyclic group] ) ='Name of the field within the cyclic group'

The conditional statement acts like an if statement and I vaguely recall once having problem using the if statement in such a conditional field within the Chart Properties - can't remember the details pertaining to that particular situation though so I stand corrected.