cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bullish35
Creator II
Creator II

Hide field comments in UI?

I've used the Comment Field and Comment Table commands successfully. That is, my scripted comments appear in the table viewer and in objects throughout the application where commented fields are used.

Is it possible to control where the comments 'pop up'? In some cases, a technical explanation of a field or table would be useful for a fellow developer viewing the model from table viewer, but I would not want the comment to appear when a business user mouses over a column label. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Ellen

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably not the answer you want, but sometimes you just have to create text boxes with the comments, make the transparency so that there is no background, then place those text boxes where you want the comments to appear.  So far it is my experience that QV could do with some improvements to the way it labels, especially on bar charts.

iktrayanov
Creator III
Creator III

Create a variable that is set by a button and then use If statements in your comments. Hope that helps.

Ivan

iktrayanov
Creator III
Creator III

Something like

let vShowComment = 1;

and

If (vShowComment = 1, 'Comment', '')

bullish35
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The If statement would be entered into each dimension/expression of each object using a commented field? I can't seem to find a setting at the document or sheet level to control whether or not comments brought in via load script can be turned on or off.

iktrayanov
Creator III
Creator III

Try using the 'Show Information' action on a button.

iktrayanov
Creator III
Creator III

I have another idea. Try using 'Section Access' in your load script.