Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide object with conditional show but still display on a report. Is it possible?

Hi

I hope some one can help me with a little issue I've been having. I'm using conditional view statement to hide some of object on the screen via buttons effectively in order to create sub tabs.

is there away of saying always show in a predefined report? Or am I going to have to write a macro which shows everything, generate my report and hides them again ?

Any help or direction on this would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Chris,
I'd use the macro. Another possible way is to create the copies of the objects that you need for the report on a separate hidden sheet. Less convenient for maintanace though. Possibly you still need a macro to hide/show that sheet, I'm not sure.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Chris,
I'd use the macro. Another possible way is to create the copies of the objects that you need for the report on a separate hidden sheet. Less convenient for maintanace though. Possibly you still need a macro to hide/show that sheet, I'm not sure.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the reply, you probably right about havingto show / hide the sheet to get the objects to print out. its only a case of changing 5 variables from 0 to 1 running the report and change back again. i just wondered is there was a better way to do it thats all using inbuilt functionality.

Thanks For the Reply

Chris

Not applicable
Author

For other people with the same question who would stumble upon this old thread (as I did):

you can solve this without a macro and without copiïng the objects:

in de layout tab of each object, where the conditional show is filled in, extent the condition with " or vVariable = '99' "

Make a button on the tab wich will be used to print the report.

The button will have 3 actions.

1st: assign vVariable = 99    --> wich will make alle the object visible

2nd: print the report

3rd: undo the first step    --> assign vVariable = ''

Kind regards,

Yves