Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide qvw from the Access Point

Hi there,

We are using QVS, with widows authentication we have give\deny access to some users to some document (every user have access to the document that we have define). Every user can see every document in the access point even if the access is denied to him. Is there any chance to hide documents from the users that don't have access to them?

e.g. We have 1.qvw, 2.qvw, 3.qvw and users A, B, C, D.

User A have access to 1.qvw and 2.qvw,

User B have access to 1.qvw, 2.qvw and 3.qvw

User C have access only to 2.qvw

User D have access only to 3.qvw

In the Access Point everybody could see dosuments 1,2,3 and have access to the specified, I want :

User A see only 1.qvw and 2.qvw,

User B see 1.qvw, 2.qvw and 3.qvw

User C see only to 2.qvw

User D see only to 3.qvw

Kind Regards,

Helen

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks again. I have exact the same permissions but the document is still visible in the access point page for all users.

Only User1 and the Administrator can reach it, but everybody could see that there is a document with name Excel_ExportIssue.qvw in the access point. Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

That's right Hampus!!!

And that exactly is my problem!

Not applicable
Author

Hi DMohanty,

I am facing two problems with your suggestion. the first one is that I couldn't find   this option in 11.20 SR3 version and the second one is that it will be applied only for the Named CAL's.

Not applicable
Author

DMohanty screenshot showing the correct way to do it if you have a QlikView server and publisher install. However, if you only have the QlikView server it looks a little bit different and you find the option under:

Document > user document > "document name on the left" > server > server objects > authentication. Changing named users will give you a new icon (shown on the right) where you can specify users and groups.

A user don't need to have any license to be added to list, however, you still need a correct license (named, doc, session etc) to be able to open and work with the document. 

users.GIF.gif

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

try to create different mount folders for different users and give read permissions to those folders only to the appropriate users using windows permissions and use NTLM authentication mode . This may solve your issue

Regards,

Abhishek.