Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hiding Tab Sheets using text objects as buttons

I've been trying to get this to work for days now and am running out of patience. I downloaded the DynamicPages.qvw file and I thought I understood how it all works -- it does exactly what I want, which is to provide a set of buttons to hide or show one or more tab sheets in my document.

I created a series of text objects which set a variable called vSheetGroup. Each button sets a variable letter from A to G.

I created the CROSSTABLE just as the example does passing a SheetName and SheetAllowed variables as well as the OSUser, then initialize the table with a LOAD * INLINE which appears to be working, I can see all the values being set correctly.

Each tab page then has a condition variable set which uses the SheetName and the OSUser to hide or show the sheet:

=sum({<SheetName={'Sheet 6'},OSUser={'$(vOSUser)'}>}if(index(vSheetGroup,'B') > 0,SheetAllowed, 0)) > 0

The only difference is I use different sheet names, but they are all just strings. Each page has an index value of A thru G, selecting Show All sets the vSheetGroup to ABCDEFG. The Sheet Security buttons set the variable vSheetSecurity to either 1 for on or 0 for off.

Lastly I defined a variable OSUser as

=if(vSheetSecurity = 1, OSUser(), '*')

But regardless of all this, clicking the buttons on my menu page does nothing (other than set the value of the vSheetGroup variable, which I can see in the Variable Overview)

I must be missing something. I have all the same variables and condition variables, the only differences are the names of the sheets. How can I figure out what is going wrong? I also tried removing the OSUser column since I don't really need it but that made no difference

Thanks for any suggestions.

Gary

0 Replies