Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Highlighting zones in a scatter chart

Dear community,

How is it possible to highlight zones on a scatter chart like in this image? I created markers with reference lines, but it's not really what's required.

Any ideas?

Thank you,zones.png

image added

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, I mean the reference lines. You can enter a static value for a reference line. But you can also use an expression that returns a value. You can make your expression use selections and calculate an appropriate value that fits in the scale.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The only way I know of is to create a background image with the zones and use that image as plot background. That will of course only work if you know the scales in advance and can make sure the scatter chart will use those fixed scales.

Not applicable
Author

That looks too complicated to adjust the scales with the background image, sure I had not thought of it!

Maybe with dynamic markers/ reference lines?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can create dynamic reference lines, but that will only give you lines, not a different background color.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

How to create dynamic lines? you mean the refrence lines?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, I mean the reference lines. You can enter a static value for a reference line. But you can also use an expression that returns a value. You can make your expression use selections and calculate an appropriate value that fits in the scale.