Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

jblomqvist
Valued Contributor

How Can I restart my AutoNumber process after every new Company Code in the script?

Hello,

I have some data that looks like the following:

CompanyCode
YearMonthAutoNumberNEW AutoNumber
A2015-0111
A2015-0222
A2015-0333
B2015-0141
B2015-0252
C2014-1061
C2014-1172

My current AutoNumber expression in the script looks like:

AutoNumber(CompanyCode & '-' & YearMonth)

But it gives me a continues numbering like you see in the AutoNumber column example.

What I want to do is get my AutoNumber output to be like NEW AutoNumber column where it restarts after a new CompanyCode even if YearMonth values are similar.

Does anyone know how to do this please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Re: How Can I restart my AutoNumber process after every new Company Code in the script?

AutoNumber(CompanyCode & '-' & YearMonth, CompanyCode)

8 Replies

Re: How Can I restart my AutoNumber process after every new Company Code in the script?

Just a minor remark: is the [NEW AutoNumber] value for the first CompanyCode=B row correct?

jblomqvist
Valued Contributor

Thank you for pointing that out! I have corrected the example

Highlighted
MVP
MVP

AutoNumber(CompanyCode & '-' & YearMonth, CompanyCode)

AutoNumber(YearMonth, CompanyCode)

If you just want to restart the counter in your load script, see this discussion and the example document: Numbering Rows more examples? One of the three methods fits your bill

Peter.

jblomqvist
Valued Contributor

Thank you so much Massimo you are a star!

jblomqvist
Valued Contributor

Thank you Marco for your reply

MVP
MVP

Marco's answer is better than mine