Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

How I can show the field value ("appName") for the latest change date?

I am displaying visuals around when and by whom apps were created, reloaded, modified and imported and I want to show list "The latest app to be created" and "Latest app created took place" and show the timestamp.

I can get the timestamp for the latest creation: max([App Created Date])

However, I can't seem to get the name of that app (appName) associated with that latest creation timestamp. (This is in a single KPI measure - not in a table with dimensions.)

I have tried the several variations of the following but all return null:

firstsortedvalue(appName,-[App Created Date])

max({<[App Created Date]={"=$(=max([App Created Date]))"} >} appName)

Any ideas? Seems like this should not be so difficult.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Tyler,

I think while filtering the App Created Date = max(App Created Date)in the set analysis its recognizing App Created Date as string . I have created and attached the .qvw  which has similar data as your example and solves your problem at script level by converting date into numerical value. Please take a look at the script. Hope this helps you.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Tyler,

I think while filtering the App Created Date = max(App Created Date)in the set analysis its recognizing App Created Date as string . I have created and attached the .qvw  which has similar data as your example and solves your problem at script level by converting date into numerical value. Please take a look at the script. Hope this helps you.

Regards

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

Thank you HareKrishna! This is exactly the issue.  I did something similar - just using interval(now()-appDate) and sorting on that new field.