Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How To Combine Two Stacked Bar Charts Into One

I have attached a simple *.QVW with simple inline data and a resident load. In the design area you will see two list boxes, three bar charts, and one straight table chart. The two list boxes are used to affect changes in the bar charts (titled "ONE.." and "TWO..") as well as the straight table. The third chart is a failed attempt to combine charts ONE and TWO (hence the reason chart three is titled "failed").

I would like to take charts one and two and combine them into one chart, but the outcome must still have two separate stacked bars of data, just like the originals do.

Can this be done?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Godfrey

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Why wouldn't you just select the two versions you want to compare in the SAME list box? That's the trivial way to get the chart you want.

Not applicable
Author

John,

I am not sure that I follow. Could you show me an example of what you are referring to?

Thanks,

Godfrey

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Select nothing in version_2. Select both 1 and 2 in version. Chart one is now the combination of what was previously charts 1 and 2. Comparisons like this are normally done by simply selecting the two values you want to compare in the SAME list box, not in two different list boxes. I don't know that this meets your particular need, but it's how it would normally be done.